Pages

Friday 22 February 2013

My Description



Staring at the sky while the clouds went by with no self-belief, watching children play with laughter and happiness, their parents cooking sausages and patties on the BBQ. Watching the sea crash up against the rocks in devastation. Cars and trucks tumble across the dirt road with truck workers or aunts and cousins inside, the grass is a crazy jungle gym of monkeys, brunches fly across the jungle gym with cheeky smiles on their faces.  

Smelt the smell of the patties and sausages creeping up my nose, the smell of the ocean made me puke. The dirt smell spread all around the park, my nose felt like it was going to die at that last minute. But luckily the scent of a flower whisked around my nose my nose was saved.  

Hearing the whistling of the wind hurt my ears, listening to the calling of the species that live among the sea crying to me help. Conversations and gossip surrounded me, hearing people say mean things about me like “What a freak.”, “Weirdo.” Little kids spoke to me with inappropriate language.

I felt cramped in a box, I could never get out I told myself. My feelings were hurt in indescribable ways.  My fingertips were numb so was my heart. My face felt damp with drips of rain slowly falling from the sheets of the atmosphere.   

I thought to myself all this wasn’t worth it so, I sprinted back home and hugged my mum and dad cold and shivering being thankful that they were still in my life, my eyes sunk like quicksand wanting me to go to sleep .

1 comment:

  1. Hello Destiny I really like you descriptive language and some of your metaphors in this really nice piece of writing. I really like your first paragraph the most because it hooks the reader in reading more.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.